Since commencing our battery collection service to the Western Australian mining sector, the service has continued to steadily expand with the addition of the following mine sites:
- BHP – Area C
- BHP – Eastern Ridge
- BHP – Jimblebar
- BHP – Mt Whaleback
- BHP – Mt Keith
- BHP – Yandi
- Barminco – Nova Mine Site
- Macmahon – Telfer
- Mt Gibson Iron – Koolan Island
- Newcrest – Telfer Mine Site
- Regis Resources – Garden Well
- Regis Resources – Moolart Well
- Regis Resources – Rosemount
- Rio Tinto – Marandoo Site
- South32 – Boddington Mine Site
Our mining clients have provided very positive feedback about the use of the Battery Transport & Storage (BTS) Container, citing the following benefits:
- Safe ergonomic loading of batteries due to the container’s front load feature.
- Convenient and safe storage of their batteries.
- Reduced environmental impact with acid leaks contained.
- Ease and convenience preparing batteries for transport.
- Regulation compliant storage & transportation of ULABs thereby reducing their legal risks.
Battery Rescue’s used lead acid battery collection service revolves around the free supply of the Battery Transport & Storage (BTS) Container. When full the container is closed and secured by 6 over centre latches and is ready for shipment in less than 30 seconds. Mining clients use their contracted transport provider to return the containers to our Perth yard. The shipment of the empty replacement containers is arranged by Battery Rescue, using the same transport provider.
The addition of 4G enabled IoT devices has been important in enabling tracking of the BTS Containers. This ensures that we can more efficiently manage the current pool of 81 containers deployed in the Western Australian mining sector. It has helped identify delivery errors, bottlenecks and enabled us to ensure a constant supply of containers to our clients.
Visit further details regarding Battery Rescue’s Mine Site Battery Recycling Service.
Our sister company, Uniseg Products, has also seen steady growth in sales of the BTS Containers in Western Australia and nationally. Recent national customers include:
- East Arnhem Regional Council (NT)
- Suez Australia’s client Anglo American – Middle Mount mine site (QLD)
- JJ Richards’ Gladstone mining client (QLD)
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings
- Burke Shire Council (QLD)
And WA customers:
- Santos – Barrow Island
- CMPS Supply Solutions – purchases on behalf of mining client
- Tradewest – purchase on behalf of mining client
- CD Dodds Recyclers – purchase on behalf of mining client
For sales of the BTS Container visit Uniseg Products.