Used Battery Collection Service
Battery Rescue provides a regulation compliant, safe and convenient, used battery collection service to businesses and organisations (Used Battery Generators – UBGs) that accumulate used lead acid batteries. Our service revolves around the use of the purpose built, patented Battery Transport & Storage (BTS) Container, which provides a safer method for storing and transporting lead acid batteries, with reduced impact on the environment.
We believe the use of wood pallets should be eliminated due to their inherit safety risks and impact on the environment. A full summary of the benefits of Battery Rescue’s battery collection service can be found here.
Our battery collection service entails;
1. Battery Rescue provides your company with a FREE Battery Transport & Storage (BTS) Container for the safe, convenient and regulation compliant storage of your used lead acid batteries.
2. Once full, contact Battery Rescue to arrange collection. Within several days we will collect the full BTS Container and deliver an empty exchange Container.
3. The full BTS Container’s are transported directly to an approved Used Battery Reprocessor for certified weighing and you will receive payment within 7 days.
The Battery Rescue collection service also includes;
- Container Transport Insurance (no charge)
- Container Maintenance (no charge)
- Normal prices paid of between $0.15/kg – $0.40/kg for metro areas
- Compulsory certified invoice provided along with payment within 7 days
- Certified processes and reporting for Risk Mitigation
Reduce Your Company & Personal Risks
The reality is that the majority of Used Battery Generators are not “Regulation Compliant” with respect to the correct storage, handling and transportation of used lead acid batteries (ULABs). As a Controlled Hazardous Waste and Dangerous Goods the storage, handling & transportation of ULAB’s is controlled by a raft of different regulations, which carry significant penalties for non-compliance.
“Chain Of Responsibility” provisions in some of the regulations means that as consignors, Used Battery Generators, have a responsibilities to ensure that their batteries are correctly handled & transported by their suppliers. Failure to discharge their responsibilities correctly can result in Companies and their Executives being deemed liable, if they are unable to demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable steps to prevent a breach.
Battery Rescue’s collection service is designed to eliminate these risks to Companies & its Executives by delivering regulation compliant storage and transportation of used lead acid batteries. For a full summary of the benefits Battery Rescue’s Battery Collection Service, read here.
Not sure your meeting your regulatory obligations, check the common mistakes made by Used Battery Generators and discover what the regulations are for the storage, handling and transportation of used lead acid batteries.
"We chose Battery Rescue's help to manage our waste batteries because of the specific professionally designed crate. The Crate (Battery Container) eliminated double handling of batteries that occurred every time we had to send them off site"
"Its just convenient and easy"
"Great service and great for the environment and it's safe"
“Diesel Motors are proud to support the new battery collection and payment system through Battery Rescue. The extremely well designed pick-up/drop off pallets are ideal for ‘used’ battery storage, as well as meeting all the hazardous safety regulations which is something the industry has needed for quite some time! Well done Battery Rescue”